Congratulations on finishing (the most important part of) pre-clerkship! With just FCR and Transitions left, we are closer than ever to taking care of real patients (SCARY).
Here are a few important things happening in the next few weeks:
1. Faculty Excellence Award Ceremony – Please vote for your favorite professors by noon on 11/29, and come find out who won on December 1st at 12pm in D1.600. There will be food.
We received feedback that it would be preferable if each professor was only eligible for one award, so there will be a lot more winners this time!
Email title to search for if you can’t find your voting link: “MS 2020 Student Choice Teaching Awards Aug-Dec, 2017” (note: it is actually Feb-Nov 2017)
2. Y2Q – We are pretty close to reaching the 80% response rate we need for our class to be eligible for a bunch of gift cards. Please take the survey if you haven’t yet.
It will be a perfect excuse to dodge conversations you don’t want to have with your family (example: sorry mom, can’t talk about my love life right now, I’ve got this super important thing to do for school).
Email title to search for if you can’t find your survey link: “Invitation to Complete the Medical School Year Two Questionnaire (Y2Q)”
3. End of Pre-Clerkship Potluck – We will be having a potluck at MedPark on December 5th at 6pm. Please bring something edible to share! Here’s the facebook event link. (if the link doesn’t work, it’s also posted on the Class of 2020 Facebook page)
4. Clerkship Elections – Look for an email from the MS1 Co-Presidents Ryan Itoh and Priscilla Tanamal on the class of 2020 clerkship elections. Besides Test Committee, DIA, and OSR, all positions are up for re-election, and there are a bunch of new positions for MS4 year (senior video and yearbook stuff).
5. Head on over to the Student of the Week tab to learn about Somtochi Okafor of Fashena College!
6. Colleges Winter Olympics – These will be taking place on 12/7. Sign up for activities and cheer on your Littles!
Cary, Estabrook, Fashena, Pritchard, Seldin, Sprague
As we reach the end of Pre-Clerkship, please still don’t hesitate to reach out with questions, concerns, or suggestions.
We hope you all have the most amazing Thanksgiving weekend!
Clementine and Umaru