Only 2 weeks of MS1 left… Crazy how fast this year flew by. Now we can start looking forward to welcoming some new people to our UT Southwestern family in August!
1. Curriculum Proposal – Your Curriculum Reps, Aakash and Christian, have been working hard on a proposal to move from the weekly quiz format (Renal) to the midterm format (Pulm), for GI, Brain & Behavior, Pulm, and Cardio. In order to give weight to their proposal, they need everyone to please take the very short survey they will send out on Wednesday. In the meantime if you have thoughts on this proposal, this form is always available.
2. PRE+OP – Congratulations to the new PRE+OP Committee and PRE+OP Counselors. To anyone who isn’t a committee member or counselor but still would like to help out, either over the summer or during the first week of school (or both!), please fill out this very short form.
3. Interprofessional Social – The next event at Social Pie this Friday, May 19th, 5-7PM. See flyer here: Welcome Back Social.
4. End of MS1 BBQ – Student Government is organizing an end-of-year BBQ on May 26th, at 5:30PM at MedPark. Please RSVP using this quick form. If you are willing to cook a large quantity of something, let Umaru and I know through the form, and we can buy the meat/veggies for you next weekend to alleviate most of the cost! See the poster by Kevin N. below!
5. Student Organizations – If you have not as of yet, please make your way to the following Google Doc and fill out the appropriate information regarding your student organization and the contact info for your officers: spreadsheet is here.
6. Vitiligo Walk – Please consider taking a couple of hours this Saturday to Walk for Vitiligo. The event is taking place close to campus! If you would also like to volunteer to help at the event, please add your name to this Google Sheet.
7. Check out the Student Profile Tab to find out about Georgia Shelton from Cary College.
Enjoy our last week of MS1 without an assessment!
Clementine and Umaru