If you’d like your e vent to be included on the blog each week and my biweekly email (Monday/Wednesday), please email your event to Ahana.Yogesh@utsouthwestern.edu by 7:30 PM on Saturday night or 7:30 PM on Wednesday night for any updates. Also, if you see your event on this email, please refrain from sending out individual event reminders unless you fall under an exception.
- AFLZ/PSIG – VA Clothing Drive for those with substance addiction
- Drop off men’s clothing, backpacks, shoes, suitcases in Student Center by elevators. (flyer attached)
- FMIG Officer Application due March 28th at 11:59 PM.
- Med/Peds Shadowing Signups
- TSSS M&M Conferences – Sign up by Thursday morning each week.
- TSS Shadowing Signups:
- Psych SIG: Access to free membership to American Psychiatric Association (APA).
- Contact Benjamin.Bleiberg@UTSouthwestern.edu for more info.
- Reminder: EMIG shadowing at Parkland & Children’s EDs is available 7 days/week from 7-11pm! Instructions & Sign-Ups:
- IDIG Shadowing Signup
- Please read instructions on the form to sign up. Email Kasey Kreutz or Ben Moon with any questions: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oWfLb-Ljg_WEeV86koRg1D7VcLj3GIx9OjnB9w1uAhA/edit?usp=sharing
- PMRSIG – Volunteer to provide medical coverage at RISE’s Wheelchair Motorcross world championships at Alliance Skate Park – 4/22-4/23
- Email Nate Milburn if interested.
- United to Serve Costume Donations – drop off in Student Center until April 20th.
- Sign up to volunteer with United to Serve (Spanish-speaking volunteers especially needed!) – April 22nd
- Healthy Living – Sign up to teach health classes in Dallas public schools in April.
- Hem/Onc Shadowing Signups – April sign ups begin 3/24 and end on 3/31
- Adult Inpatient: http://www2.mysignup.com/cgi-bin/view.cgi?datafile=ohmswards
- Adult Outpatient: http://www2.mysignup.com/cgi-bin/view.cgi?datafile=ohmsadult
- Pediatric Outpatient: http://www2.mysignup.com/cgi-bin/view.cgi?datafile=ohmsped
Monday, April 3rd
- Lunch Meetings
- SCF – Lunch Break Fellowship – Dr. Kim Sweet (pediatrician) – C2.108 (Chick-Fil-A provided)
- [Elective] Fertility Awareness – Dr. Charlie Cassidy on “Infertility” – D1.102
Tuesday, April 4th
- Lunch Meetings
- UTSW Christian Students – North Campus Bible Study – BL3.210 in Paul M. Bass Center Tower
- Global Health Grand Rounds – Dr. Oliver Bogler – “The Global Cancer Challenge” – D1.502 (lunch provided)
- GIG – Case Discussion with Dr. Vivyenne Roche – Gooch C2.108 (free boxed lunches for 20)
Wednesday, April 5th
- Lunch Meetings
- UTSW Christian Students – South Campus Bible Study – Gooch C2.106
- StuGov Research Subcommittee – Library Resources Workshop – D1.102
- [Elective] Fertility Awareness – Dr. Cara Buskmiller on “Applications of Ultrasound in FABMs” (D1.100)
- Wilderness Medicine Group – High-Altitude Medicine Lab Talk and Lab Tour – April 17th at 5 PM
- Oncology-Hematology Medical Society (OHMS) – “Milestones in the treatment of non-small cell lung cancer” with Heme/Onc Fellowship Program Director Dr. Jonathan Dowell – April 7th at 12 PM – D1.106 (pizza provided)
- ROSIG – Dr. Folkert on research on brachytherapy and cancer, research opportunities, and residency apps – April 10th at 12 PM – D1.200 (lunch provided)
- PMRSIG Lunch Meeting – April 10th at 12 PM – Gooch C2.106
- RSVP by Friday, April 7th