My fellow PC2s,
We would like to thank everyone who participated in MS0 Weekend and Multicultural Week. It was a huge success and the feedback from MS0s was great! Your presence at the events and sessions meant a great deal to them as they decide their medical school of choice.
Now as we are half-way through Heme, here are the news for the week.
- Faculty Excellence Reception–Feb 14 at 12PM in D1.700. We currently have more than 30 professors who have RSVP, and we need least twice as many students to attend as well. Let us show the faculty that we appreciate them! If you will be attending, please join the Facebook event. There will be Free Food.
The purpose of this event is to recognize faculty members who have gone above and beyond for our medical education.
– Professors who taught up to 4 lectures
– Professors who taught 5 or more lectures
– Favorite course
– Katherine Howe Muntz Award for Excellence in Anatomy Lab Instruction
– MVP for Macromolecules
– MVP for Cells
– MVP for Tissues
– MVP for Genetics
– MVP for Organisms and the Host
– MVP for Microanatomy
– MVP for Musculoskeletal and Dermatology
We will have FOOD!
To our faculty, thank you for teaching us.
We hope to see everyone on the 14th!
- Doctors in Training (DIT) Presentation Dinner – IF you have RSVP’d, do not forget to join us for the DIT dinner this week. It will be at 18th & Vine BBQ on February 15th at 5PM. Do not be late, and if you can’t make it anymore, find someone who will replace you and let us know who.
Free dinner, $150 discount, free t-shirts, $5 per person for charity of our choice, and a raffle for a free DIT Step 1 Review Course. All of this just for your presence.
- PRE-OP Questionnaire – As a request from the Office of Student Affairs, we are trying to gauge student feedback on the value of a having Study Skills / Wellness Workshop session two weeks into medical school and the value of the PRE-OP community service event. Please visit this link and answer our poll to help our incoming Class of 2021.
- Privacy Filters – Effective February 27: Privacy Screens for Laptops are Now Required (Starting with the Cardiovascular Course). If you are not doing the bulk order, make sure you purchase it by the due date.
As you’ve heard, the administration has decided to move forward on making privacy filters mandatory during quizzes, exams, and iRATs
- Check out the Student Profile tab to learn more about Mahmoud Elguindy of Pritchard College.
As always, if you need anything, have suggestions, or want to talk, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. We are here for you!
Umaru and Clementine