We hope you’ve had a wonderful golden weekend! Now as we enter the world of the Cardiovascular System, here are the news for this week.
1. USMLE Step 1 PREP with Becker Professional Education – Healthcare.
We are trying to gauge the class interest in attending an event to be hosted by Becker Professional Education. The tentative dates are in April 10-14. Complete this survey: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeKK-16Vrzskgo5CEONkA6JuQDiDDPvgbOmtLgaEA8bCiuESg/viewform
Please see below for more information in regards to the company.
“Becker Professional Education – Healthcare develops USMLE Review Courses & Guided Self-Study material that prepares students for success with the Step 1 and Step 2 CK exams. Our approach provides a comprehensive, integrated review to assist you in developing the clinical reasoning skills necessary to “Think Like A Doctor” and launch into a successful career in medicine. Our course material has been developed and reviewed by a nationally recognized faculty of MDs and PhDs to include: Dr. Mary Ruebush, Dr. Steven Daugherty, Dr. Lionel Raymon, Dr. Philip Tisdall, Dr. Jack Wilson, and Dr. Bruce Dunn.
Please join Shannon Smith (firstname.lastname@example.org), Business Development Manager, in a short review of the available learning opportunities through Becker Professional Education – Healthcare designed to assist you in achieving the score you desire on the USMLE exams.”
If you are currently interested in Becker products, they have just launched a special promotion which will be running through April 15 – details of the promotion can be found here (http://www.becker.com/usmlepromo) and you can reach out to Shannon with any questions about it.
Refreshments will be provided and attendees will have the opportunity to win some course/product giveaways.
2. Privacy Filters – Dr. Faulkner emailed the class with a new update. The deadline was moved from Monday, February 27th to Friday, March 17th. He will have more information on how you can pick up the screen you ordered and payment information in the next week or two.
3. Brewery Social – Thank you to everyone who came out to our Top Golf event yesterday. It was a great event! We will be hosting another interprofessional social event at Community Brewery on March 11th from 5-7PM. Come out and meet students from others schools at UTSW, TWU, and TTU. Please join our interprofessional Facebook page HERE.
4. Student and Faculty Roast – Save the Date April 19th, 5PM. More info to come soon. If you would like to be involved, please contact Umaru, Clementine, or Maura.
5. Check out the Student Profile tab to find out more about Emmanuella Egbonim from Sprague College.
Umaru and Clementine