Happy Monday y’all!
Happy studying for our final Human Structures exam!
I know we all can’t wait to go home and enjoy great meals! But for now, we hope you had a good weekend and here is the news for this week.
1. Annual Toy Drive – Working with the school of health professions and Graduate School, we will be hosting a joint Toy Drive for Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children (TSRHC) from November 21st – December 1st. Note: See the flyer below for more information on what to donate, and look for boxes in each carrel.
2. Candle Light Vigil – Anatomy Appreciation – November 28th, 2016 at 6:30PM in the Student Center – Please plan on attending this event, and wear your white coat. Join us as we reflect on the sacrifices made to allow our medical education and training.
Thank You Cards for Donor Families – Soon blank cards will be available at the student center. There will be one card and envelope per anatomy tank. Since we have had a peculiar year, there will be two baskets, one with cards for our first tanks, and one with cards for our second tanks. Please sign cards for both tanks you were a part of. We have printed out the tank lists so you can verify which cards you need to sign in case you forgot your tank numbers. Dr. Winkler has provided instructions on card writing etiquette, which will be available next to the card baskets. Please read them to avoid making families uncomfortable when they read the cards.
3. Subcommittees– Student Government has created a Research Committee to facilitate student access to research, as well as a Big Siblings Committee. You can join these subcommittees and be a part of Student Government to improve campus culture. The contacts are as follows:
Big Siblings Committee – See last week’s post and email Sanjana.Balachandra@utsw.edu and/or Alex.Guinn@utsw.edu for more information.
Research Committee – See last week’s post and email Mahmoud.Elguindy@utsw.edu and/or Umaru.firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
4. Student of the week– Make sure you visit the student profile tab to learn about Shannon Reinert of Sprague College. If you are interested in being highlighted as student of the week, please contact your Senator. This is a fun way to learn about our classmates
5. Prom– Save the date, December 16th, Yule Ball.
6. Happy Thanksgiving! We hope you have a great time with family, friends and loved ones.
As always, please contact us with any questions or concerns.
Umaru and Clementine