Happy Monday y’all!
We hope you had a good weekend after all the extra stress last week. Here are the weekly news:
1. Wellness Events – Your Senators have been working hard to put together two fun events this week. This should be both a fun way to de-stress from school, and a way to foster community within your groups. Please talk to your Bigs and make plans to attend at least one of the events as a group.
Event #1: Chuy’s Happy Hour
When? Monday, 11/14 from 4-7 p.m.
Where? Chuy’s at 4544 McKinney Ave. at Knox-Henderson, Dallas, TX 75205
What? ~FREE~ nacho bar, house margaritas for $4.50, and more
More info: https://www.chuys.com/locations/dallas/dallas
Event #2: Roller Skating Party
When? Thursday, 11/17 from 7-9:30 p.m.
Where? Mid-Cities Skate, 1333 South Beltline Rd., Irving, TX 75060
What? $4 covers skates and admission
More info: http://www.midcitiesskate.com
2. Subcommittees – Student Government has created a Research Committee to facilitate student access to research, as well as a Big Siblings Committee. You can join these subcommittees and be a part of Student Government to improve campus culture.
Big Siblings Committee – See last week’s post and email Sanjana.Balachandra@utsw.edu and/or Alex.Guinn@utsw.edu for more information.
Research Committee – See last week’s post and email Mahmoud.Elguindy@utsw.edu and/or Umaru.email@example.com for more information.
3. Candle Light Vigil – Anatomy Appreciation – November 28th, 2016 at 6:30PM in the Student Center – Please plan on attending this event, and wear your white coat.
Thank You Cards for Donor Families – Starting Wednesday 11/16, blank cards will be available at the student center. There will be one card and envelope per anatomy tank. Since we have had a peculiar year, there will be two baskets, one with cards for our first tanks, and one with cards for our second tanks. Please sign cards for both tanks you were a part of. We will be printing out the tank lists so you can verify which card you need to sign in case you forgot your tank numbers.
We will be requesting some further instructions on card writing etiquette from Dr. Winkler. There are some details donor families would rather not know about their deceased loved one’s internal organs.
4. Student of the week – Make sure you visit the student profile tab to learn about Nishika Karbhari of Seldin College. If you are interested in being highlighted as student of the week, please contact your Senator. This is a fun way to learn about our classmates!
5. SLC Meeting – This past Thursday, our SLC meeting guest had to reschedule.
This Thursday we will be meeting with Dasha Clay of the Campus Shuttle Service. If you have any specific questions/concerns, please send them to us so that they can be addressed.
6. Anatomy Mock Practical – This will take place next Sunday afternoon, see Andy’s email.
7. Mannequin challenge and 22 pushups challenge – See Umaru’s email on this and try to attend on Tuesday at noon in front of the library. The more, the merrier!
8. Prom – Save the date, December 16th. This is going to be super great. Tickets will go on sale soon. Something to look forward to as our first semester of med school comes to a close!
As always, please contact us with any questions or concerns.
Clementine and Umaru