We hope you all did well on the Anatomy exam. Here are your updates for the week.
1. Class of 2020 Blog – Welcome to our online blog. We will be working hard to make this blog exciting! Please do let us know if you have any ideas and suggestions.
2. Student of the week – Make sure you visit the student profile tab to learn about Emily Gao of Estabrook College. If you are interested in being highlighted as student of the week, please contact your senators. This is a fun way to learn about our classmates!
3. Student Leadership Council (SLC) – This Thursday October 26th, we will be meeting with Kenny Bourne of Parking & other auxiliary services (auxiliary services includes: student housing, food services, vending services). If you have particular questions about student housing or food services, please let us know by Thursday so that we can inquire.
4. Wall of Memories – A new feature of our class blog will be to create themed albums featuring our class every week within a new tab entitled “Wall of Memories”. This week’s theme will be Pre+OP weekend. Please send us any pictures you have of Pre+OP weekend so that we can upload them. Note: Only pictures featuring at least 2 classmates will be added to the blog.
5. Willed Body Candlelight Vigil – Anatomy Appreciation event on November 28th, 2016. This service is organized each year to give medical students and faculty the chance to express our gratitude for the gifts made to our medical education by the donors and their family members.Anatomy is like no other experience in medicine, and we are truly humbled by their decision. As part of the candlelight vigil, we will have student speakers/performers along with faculty speakers. If you are interested in speaking or performing (Spoken word, Poetry, Singing, etc..), please email Clementine (Clementine.firstname.lastname@example.org) and I (Umaru.email@example.com). The deadline to contact us will be November 11th, 2016 at 5pm.
6. M & M – October 26th, 2016 at 3pm. Save the date and make sure you will be in attendance.
7. Student Government Subcommittees – YOU can create a subcommittee within stugov to address an important aspect of medical education. One or multiple members of the student body may present a proposed subcommittee to the Co-Presidents at any time. Upon unanimous approval by the Co-Presidents, the founding student(s) is (are) required to attend a Cabinet meeting for confirmation of their subcommittee. The subcommittee will be confirmed by a two-thirds vote in the affirmative. Following formal establishment, subcommittee members will be recruited by the Subcommittee Chair(s). The subcommittee members shall be approved by the Co-Presidents. Any member of the student body is eligible to participate in a subcommittee.
Best of luck this week!
Umaru and Clementine